With Media Go™ it’s easy to bring your media with you. This unique Sony application makes its worldwide debut on the the W995 Walkman™ and lets you effortlessly and automatically transfer any audio, photos and videos between your phone and computer. You can even find podcasts with exciting content easily from the directory – just two clicks and you’re away, and watch the action in all its glory on the bright clear 2.6” screen.”
“With Media Go™ there’s no need to worry about format, resolution and ‘frame per second’ anymore.” said Alexandre Cardon, Global Marketing Business Manager at Sony Ericsson. “No longer will the video you transferred from your PC to your phone play in low resolution or bad quality. With Media Go™ and the W995 the experience is as good on your phone as it was on your PC.”
“The W995 Walkman™ phone brings together the very best music experiences of any phone, augments this with best in class video and sharing capabilities to offer the most complete communication entertainment package to date.” said Alexandre Cardon. “This powerful mobile phone delivers the best possible video resolution that can fit in your pocket and with enough battery stamina to watch two full length feature films. The W995 also comes complete with the award winning clear audio experience and an 8.1 megapixel camera for the highest quality picture and sound available in a mobile phone.”
Set the phone on its built-in stand and watch videos with your friends while you pump up the volume on the powerful built-in stereo speakers. The W995 comes complete with excellent sound for both movies and your favourite tracks. Clear Stereo, Clear Bass and the included HPM-77 premium headphones make music on the move feel like you’re sitting in a recording studio listening to your favourite band live! For the next level of clear audio experience, in selected markets the HPM-88 noise cancelling headset will replace the HPM-77.
To complete the entertainment experience get picture perfect all the time with auto focus, photo flash and face detection. Capture images in their true colours with the 8.1 megapixel camera and you can print pictures up to a full A3 size without having to compromise on quality.
The W995 Walkman™
Anytime is showtime
- Optimised video playback with style and performance – get the best possible video resolution in your pocket
- Videos straight to your phone - Wi-Fi™ and Turbo 3G – easy video access to YouTube™ and other entertainment sites
- Clear 2.6” display - with desk stand, powerful speakers or 3.5mm audio jack
- 8.1 megapixel camera – take picture perfect images with Photo Flash and face recognition
- Clear audio experience – enjoy the best sound possible, the way it was meant to be heard
- 8GB Memory Stick™ Micro – save an inexhaustible amount of photos, video clips and sounds
- Tag a place-name to your memories or stay on track with aGPS and Google Maps™
Makes it easy to bring your media with you
- Transfer, play and organise – with Media Go™ you can easily transfer music, videos, photos and podcasts between your mobile phone and computer
- Automatic sync – sync your music playlists automatically to keep the phone updated with your new music
- Auto convert – Media Go™ gives you the best quality playback of multi-media content on a mobile phone. There’s no need to use extra applications to be able to bring your media with you.
- SensMe™ - create a playlist of songs in your library, you can also sort your music by mood or tempo
- Podcasts – it has never been easier to subscribe and download podcasts. Apart from adding your own favourites, the directory is there to help you to find the new and exciting content.
- Audio CD ripping – Use Media Go™ to burn your CDs and bring your music and audio books with you
The W995 Walkman™ supports GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 and UTMS/HSPA 900/2100. W995 will be available in selected markets from Q2 in the colours Progressive Black, Cosmic Silver and Energetic Red.
Media Go™ will be available for all markets from the W995 launch in 15 different languages.
The Sony Ericsson W995 Walkman™ at a glance
8.1 megapixel camera
Access NetFront™ Web browser
Geo tagging of photos
Facts and Figures 1)2)
Size: 97 x 49 x 15 mm
Main screen: 262,144 colour TFT, scratch-resistant
Phone memory: Up to 118MB
Talk time GSM/GPRS: Up to 9 hrs
Talk time UMTS: Up to 4 hours
Video talk time: Up to 3.5 hours
Availability and versions
Available in selected markets from Q2 2009.
1) Facts and features may vary depending on local variant.
2) Talk and standby times are affected by network preferences, type of SIM card, connected accessories and various activities e.g. games. Kit contents and colour options may differ from market to market. The full range of accessories may not be available in every market.
© Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB, 2009.
The liquid identity, TrackID and PlayNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB. Sony, Walkman, Mega Bass and Smile Shutter are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Corporation.
Ericsson is the trademark or registered trademark of Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson.
TrackID is powered by Gracenote Mobile MusicID. Gracenote and Gracenote Mobile MusicID are trademarks of Gracenote, Inc.
Bluetooth is a trademark or registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG Inc.
Picture blogging is powered by Blogger. Blogger, YouTube and Google Maps are trademarks or registered trademarks of Google Inc. Google is a trademark or registered trademark of Google Inc.
Snapfish, the Snapfish logo, and other Snapfish graphics, logos, and service names are trademarks of Snapfish.
Java and all Java-based trademarks and logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Microsoft and Exchange ActiveSync are trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Subject to change without prior notice.